Southern Region Peer Town Hall
Time & Location
About the Event
Tree of Hope is organizing the Peer community in cooperation with MPAC for Southern Region of Maryland Do you think things can be better? Do you have ideas to improve you community? This is your chance to have your voice heard. We will be discussing issues that are relavant for the State and see how our local issues fit. This is your chance to be an agent of change, so please join us and help us organization.
The Southern Region is defined as a collective movement of Peers in support of advocacy, sharing resources and mobilizing recovery support services within in Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, Prince George's County, and St. Mary's County.
It appears that Peers throughout the state are having similar issues that can be grouped by the issues listed below. Some regions have more resources in one area than another but all have an interest in the following areas. Our task will be ranking these issues for Montgomery County as we see are most urgent to least urgent.
1. Justice - Reconciliation of Drug Related Charges, Treatment while Incarcerated, Recidivism Prevention Treatment Programs, Voice
2. Youth - Early Intervention, Treatment, Recovery Supports, Continuation of Care, Voice
3. Families - Equal Access to Recovery Supports, Voice, Family Preservation and Reunification legislation for protection
4. Equal Access to Multiple Pathways of Treatment and Recovery
5. Crisis Response - ED Diversion Programs, Access to Medications & Treatment 24/7
6. Continuation of Care - Recovery Housing, Employment Support
7. Harm Reduction - low barrier Syringe Service access throughout State, Narran accessibility
8. Stigma - Statewide and local anti-stigma programs, development of a force to protect dignity of those who use drugs & their families
9. Mental Health - Peer Supported Crisis Response throughout State, long term and low barrier treatment options