Thu, Apr 06|
Supervision - Advocacy - April 6, 2023
Having a difficult time getting supervision hours? Here's an opportunity to get hours you need for certification. We cover important topics in advocacy and discuss how it pertains to your job.
Time & Location
Apr 06, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
About the event
If you would like to discuss a specific advocacy question or scenario please click the following link and submit before our supervision session:
Discussion is driven by participants. Possible topics of discussion:
1. Relate to the individual as an advocate.
2. Advocate within systems to promote person-centered recovery/wellness support services.
3. Describe the individual's rights and responsibilities.
4. Apply the principles of individual choice and self-determination.
5. Explain importance of self-advocacy as a component of recovery/wellness.
6. Recognize and use person-centered language.
7. Practice effective communication skills.
8. Differentiate between the types and levels of advocacy.
9. Collaborate with individual to identify, link, and coordinate choices with resources.
10. Advocate for multiple pathways to recovery/wellness.
11. Recognize the importance of a holistic (e.g., mind, body, spirit, environment) approach to recovery/wellness.
Supervision - Advocacy
Please bring your supervision sheet to be signed. There will be light snacks