Sat, Feb 15|
Journeys Mental Health Services
Supervision - Mentoring and Education
Having a difficult time getting supervision hours? Here's an opportunity to get hours you need for certification. We cover important topics in Mentoring and Education and discuss how it pertains to your job.
Time & Location
Feb 15, 2020, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Journeys Mental Health Services, 402 Hungerford Dr, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
About the event
Discussion is driven by participants. Possible topics of discussion:
1. Serve as a role model for an individual.
2. Recognize the importance of self-care.
3. Establish and maintain a peer relationship rather than a hierarchical relationship.
4. Educate through shared experiences.
5. Support the development of healthy behavior that is based on choice.
6. Describe the skills needed to self-advocate.
7. Assist the individual in identifying and establishing positive relationships.
8. Establish a respectful, trusting relationship with the individual.
9. Demonstrate consistency by supporting Candidates during ordinary and extraordinary times.
10. Support the development of effective communication skills.
11. Support the development of conflict resolution skills.
12. Support the development of problem-solving skills.
13. Apply principles of empowerment.
14. Provide resource linkage to community supports and professional services.
Supervision - Advocacy
Please bring your supervision sheet to be signed. There will be light snacks$15.00